Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Singles and Relationships and other Infidelity topics.
When parents find themselves single, either from divorce or death, it is difficult for them to get back into the dating world. Single parents dating are awkward depending on the age of the children. Before you bring a date into the world of the children, ask yourself some difficult questions. Timing is everything for the single parent. When is the right time to introduce children to someone new? It is a personal decision, but there are guidelines for the introductions.
- What is the age of the children and are they emotionally mature enough to handle the meeting?
- How long have you been dating this person?
- How fast do your kids attach to others?
- Does the potential partner feel committed to your relationship?
- Have you discussed dating with your kids?
Kids are resilient but they have definite opinions when it comes to their parents dating others. Sabotage and manipulation are common when it comes to this topic. Open communication with the kids is key. Do not let them dictate what you can and cannot do but be open to their emotional needs at the same time.