Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Relationships and Marriage and other Infidelity topics.
If you realize you are married to a cheating spouse, you may believe that divorce is the only answer. Before you take the drastic step of ending your marriage, there are some things you should do.
- Take a deep breath and get some facts. Proceed with calm and determine absolutely if your spouse is cheating before you make accusations.
- Once it is determined that your spouse has actually cheated on you, try to determine the reasons why.
- There is no justification for cheating, but be willing to work on the reasons why your spouse cheated. If boredom with the marriage is one reason, there are many ways to change things up.
- Realize that everyone has problems and faults and jumping out a marriage or breaking up a family is not always in everyone's best interest.
- Consider marriage counseling and go with your spouse
- Be honest with yourself if you are capable of rebuilding trust with your spouse.
Divorce is a last resort. Love and marriage should never be taken for granted so cherish what you have and try to fix the parts that are broken.
|Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.|